New member!

Cockadoodle Dont

Chirping
Jun 24, 2023
Central Massachusetts
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I first had chickens for a few years as a young kid, I had quail 10 years ago but 2023 is my first year as an adult having chickens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 29. Not all 29 will stay at my house. Both me and my dad started our chicken hobby up again this year so I hatched all of the eggs at my house and once the chicks are old enough he’s going to take 15 of them.
(All hatched from eggs that I purchased and incubated)

(3) What breeds do you have?
4! Silkies, Polish, black sex links, Jersey giants
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I like a lot of things about it that I can appreciate now that I am older and own chickens again. #1 is how it is a family project with my wife and kids, and seeing my oldest spend time with and take care of the chickens.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I play guitar and sing, fishing and having fun with cars (driving, restoring etc.)
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have been married to my wife for 8 years, together 10. We have 3 children 8, 1 1/2, and 2 months old. I have 2 dogs and a cat. I am an electrician and have been in the trade for 15 years now.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found BYC when I was looking for some images on Google of adult silkies to get a better idea of what the ones I hatched will eventually look like. I have known about BYC for 4-5 months. I have never asked questions on a forum before, but the people here on this site genuinely seems really nice and I would like to post and respond to some things that maybe I could help with. I am an electrician and I think I could help with coop electrical wiring and maybe a little bit about chickens lol

Attachments

• IMG_8433.jpeg
    IMG_8433.jpeg
    952.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_8425.jpeg
    IMG_8425.jpeg
    517.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8308.jpeg
    IMG_8308.jpeg
    812 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8338.jpeg
    IMG_8338.jpeg
    546.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8234.jpeg
    IMG_8234.jpeg
    348.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8238.jpeg
    IMG_8238.jpeg
    350.7 KB · Views: 10
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I first had chickens for a few years as a young kid, I had quail 10 years ago but 2023 is my first year as an adult having chickens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 29. Not all 29 will stay at my house. Both me and my dad started our chicken hobby up again this year so I hatched all of the eggs at my house and once the chicks are old enough he’s going to take 15 of them.
(All hatched from eggs that I purchased and incubated)

(3) What breeds do you have?
4! Silkies, Polish, black sex links, Jersey giants
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I like a lot of things about it that I can appreciate now that I am older and own chickens again. #1 is how it is a family project with my wife and kids, and seeing my oldest spend time with and take care of the chickens.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I play guitar and sing, fishing and having fun with cars (driving, restoring etc.)
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have been married to my wife for 8 years, together 10. We have 3 children 8, 1 1/2, and 2 months old. I have 2 dogs and a cat. I am an electrician and have been in the trade for 15 years now.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found BYC when I was looking for some images on Google of adult silkies to get a better idea of what the ones I hatched will eventually look like. I have known about BYC for 4-5 months. I have never asked questions on a forum before, but the people here on this site genuinely seems really nice and I would like to post and respond to some things that maybe I could help with. I am an electrician and I think I could help with coop electrical wiring and maybe a little bit about chickens lol
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom