Asrsmcns

In the Brooder
Dec 28, 2023
Good morning my name is Angela. This is my first post I have been raising chickens for almost 2 years I have a number of different kinds of chickens I raise layers and fryers I like to hatch eggs to raise. I started with day-old, but hatching eggs is now my new passion outside of my chickens I have two dogs and two cats my husband works full-time I work part time. I have two children who are adults one lives close to home and the other is out of state and what prompted me to be a member was a problem that arise with one of my hands yesterday, so I’m hoping that somebody will be able to point me in the direction of how I can start to help her.

Attachments

• IMG_3020.jpeg
    IMG_3020.jpeg
    756.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3021.jpeg
    IMG_3021.jpeg
    588.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3022.jpeg
    IMG_3022.jpeg
    614.1 KB · Views: 7
Hello Angela, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Have you examined the eye? Is she just lethargic or has she been sneezing or showing any other signs of respiratory illness?
Have you examined her physical body score and ensured her crop is emptying over night?
How old is she?
What does her vent look like and have you felt between her legs for fluid build up?

So thank you so much for your reply and let me see if I can get some answers here to these questions Are you able to see the pictures that I posted of the hen? She is just two years old. Her crop is emptying at night. She is eating and drinking water does not appear to be lethargic. She is able to roost so her balance is good. I do have two or three hands that seem to be congested. They’re breathing through their mouths. I noticed that earlier this week and started with oregano oil in the water, and putting some cinnamon on their food. She, this particular hen isn’t having that breathing problem though she’s breathing fine.

Back
Top Bottom