Hello! I am new to poultry or rather new to quails. I do not have any yet, I hoping to learn as much as I can before having my own. I am so glad I stumbled into this website at the start of my research as I have already learned so much!
Howdy, what are you hoping to learn? is there any advice You'd like? I'm new here myself, but I've had chickens about all my life and had a whole range of experience, and some limited experience with Gambel's and coturnix quail.
Thanks for joining!

Howdy, what are you hoping to learn? is there any advice You'd like? I'm new here myself, but I've had chickens about all my life and had a whole range of experience, and some limited experience with Gambel's and coturnix quail.
Thanks for joining!
Thank you for reaching out! Really anything you care to share! I'm just learning as much as I can before investing in those little cuties.

Thank you for reaching out! Really anything you care to share! I'm just learning as much as I can before investing in those little cuties.
I don't know all that much, but the Gambel's are some of the most fun interactive little birds, given ours were imprinted on people, but they're very flighty if not. And be careful to have an extremely shallow water for the first 3 weeks, or put marbles and pebbles in there just so they can dip their beaks, not get in it. And high enough protein, like 30% when they're little.

Aww that's cute and definitely something to think on, Thank you. Actually I do have a question or two, I'm hoping to have Coturnix Quails (from what I have read they are the best beginner quails and also the best for egg laying) so 1) should I look into just hatched, juniors or adult hens for my first time? 2) I'm having a little trouble finding somewhere to purchase from. Do you have any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom