Sema06

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2024
Hello, I’m new here but have been consulting the forum here for about a year. I find that everyone is here to help and learn because we just want to care for our animals the best way possible. I have ducks and I’m also interested in getting a few chickens. I do have a question that I need some help with. We just hatched 2 ducklings yesterday, whose mother vanished one night a few weeks ago. We didn’t have an incubator for the first 3 almost 4 days. We just used a heat lamp as we were awaiting the incubator. They’ve stayed in the incubator but only 2 out of 10 eggs hatched. One of the ducklings is fine but the other one was born with a small bump on its head, what seemed like wry neck and a bit of a curled toe. The neck and toe seem to be improving and the bump seems to have started draining but he still seems weak. I’m really more concerned about the bump. I’ve put neosporin on it but not sure what the bump is and if is something that will go away or if it’s something harmful to the duckling.

Attachments

• IMG_4808.jpeg
    IMG_4808.jpeg
    446.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom