I like this. This group is a lot of help. Thanks
ya.gif

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Good luck with all your projects and welcome to our flock!

Hi: new to byc, Started with 75 chickens -iso browns- last fall. Bought 300 leghorns from Huderites this spring. Traded some for roosters-5 for 5- Free ranging -learning fast- already had lice- dealt with it. roosters have scaly legs -not sure how to remedy that- have more eggs than can keep up with. Not sure if I would recommend starting this way to any one else but it is enjoyable. Some one asked my daughter where my grand daughter lived and not thinking about it she told the person in the hen house. lol. people in the neighbor hood are starting to realize that there is a difference between free range eggs and store bought. i think that in time the demand will come up to my supply but in the meantime not sure what to do with the extras. Farmers market maybe. I think that's it for now. My chickens are calling me from outside my window. Better go feed them.
wee.gif
yuckyuck.gif
goodpost.gif

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

Really enjoyed reading your post it lightened my morning
thumbsup.gif

Hi: new to byc, Started with 75 chickens -iso browns- last fall. Bought 300 leghorns from Huderites this spring. Traded some for roosters-5 for 5- Free ranging -learning fast- already had lice- dealt with it. roosters have scaly legs -not sure how to remedy that- have more eggs than can keep up with. Not sure if I would recommend starting this way to any one else but it is enjoyable. Some one asked my daughter where my grand daughter lived and not thinking about it she told the person in the hen house. lol. people in the neighbor hood are starting to realize that there is a difference between free range eggs and store bought. i think that in time the demand will come up to my supply but in the meantime not sure what to do with the extras. Farmers market maybe. I think that's it for now. My chickens are calling me from outside my window. Better go feed them.
wee.gif

Love it!!

Welcome to BYC! This is a great resource and I know there are a lot of folks here who have businesses selling eggs & working farmer's markets. Just do a quick search and I'm sure you'll find a lot of people who can offer advice and ideas. And you're right - fresh eggs are far superior to store bought. My girls are still young and I can't wait for them to start laying!
smile.png

Love it!!

Welcome to BYC! This is a great resource and I know there are a lot of folks here who have businesses selling eggs & working farmer's markets. Just do a quick search and I'm sure you'll find a lot of people who can offer advice and ideas. And you're right - fresh eggs are far superior to store bought. My girls are still young and I can't wait for them to start laying! :)

X2

Till business exceeds your supply of eggs maybe you could offer some to soup kitchens or the like. I'm sure they would love fresh eggs.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You've been given some good suggestions by the other members. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in figuring out what to do with those extra eggs.

Back
Top Bottom