I thought about getting a water mister, but didn't what a high water bill. I know it gets hot in the desert SW- have been there, but humidity is nothing like NC, usually stays at 100%. You can walk outside and in 2 minutes you are drenched. My 8 buff orphington's are in the shade most of the day and I am constantly going out there sticking a frozen water bottle in their water bucket which has those poultry nipples, that was a job doing that too. But no leaks! YEA! They all get their fair share of frozen watermelon.

So do you run the mister all day or as needed and do you use well water?

I thought about getting a water mister, but didn't what a high water bill. I know it gets hot in the desert SW- have been there, but humidity is nothing like NC, usually stays at 100%. You can walk outside and in 2 minutes you are drenched. My 8 buff orphington's are in the shade most of the day and I am constantly going out there sticking a frozen water bottle in their water bucket which has those poultry nipples, that was a job doing that too. But no leaks! YEA! They all get their fair share of frozen watermelon.

So do you run the mister all day or as needed and do you use well water?

I run the misters during the hot times of the day, usually when it's the hottest out and pushing 110+.

Back
Top Bottom