new poster here, lurking for a while. from NJ

quiltchick

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 28, 2011
Central NJ
Hi all,
I have had chickens for exactly one year now and have come to Backyard Chickens repeatedly for information but never introduced or posted.

I presently have 12 one year old chicks: 2 buff Orpingtons, 2 Bard rocks, 3 Americainas, 1 Jersey Giant, 1 buff Brahma, 2 Comets, and 1 partridge rock Rooster.

So far my flock is growing with the following chicks this year: 4 mixed breeds my friend hatched from my eggs, 3 Rhode Island Reds, 3 Buff orpingtons, and 2 more Bards Rocks.

I have on order: 4 Austrolorps and 3 Copper Marans which are supposed to arrive next week.

I am running out of Coop space so for now, this may be it. My plan is to eventually have a small, egg farm with free range chicks. I would hope to make their feed money and some extra. We will see. Now I am limited to my coop size, which is 8 by 8 by 7 ft tall. All of my birds now roost in the rafters- so there is plenty of roost space- not so much left in the rafters
smile.png

I live in Rural central NJ, on a small farm with several horses, my chicks, 3 barn cats and a Cocker Spaniel. I am surrounded by lots of farmland.

I really appreciate this site and the advice that every one is so generous with. I have always found the answers to my questions without having to ask myself! Until yesterday when I had a hen lay eggs outside the coop for the first time. I found a pile of 4 in the hay room. Many people came to my aid with great suggestions, and I thank them!

Thanks for Backyard Chickens.

Back
Top Bottom