New Project Bantams

Rosto

Songster
12 Years
Dec 15, 2010
Alabama
I used to raise multi champion hunt and show Bluetick Coonhounds. I'm looking for a new project to work on. I want to begin a breeding program with bantams. I was thinking maybe OEG bantams but open to any suggestion. I would like to breed and show quality bantams and preferably work on a type/color that isn't very common. My question is what color, species, or type would be a good one to work on? I plan on keeping careful records and culling those that don't fit the standards.

Don’t let me tell you what to do. I’m so glad someone is interested in breeding to the SOP! What are you interested in personality/aesthetic/management wise?
Old English do have the dubbing requirements for show, but you will get used to it, if you decide to go that route.
Myself, I raise bantam Buckeyes and d’Anvers bantams. I love bantams.

One thing about Old English is that they come in many colors, many of them being rarer for a fun challenge. Also, there many breeders in the south, some even holding all game shows. Old English and American Game bantams have their own class to themselves.

I just want something fun to work on. Only agenda is to breed for quality to match the standard of perfection like I did with my hounds in the past. I’m open to all suggestions. Do you show your buckeyes? They might be a good breed? I really like the idea of the Dutch as they have an interesting history and are great layers. Do you have a color recommendation for Dutch? Or another breed/ color.

I just want something fun to work on. Only agenda is to breed for quality to match the standard of perfection like I did with my hounds in the past. I’m open to all suggestions. Do you show your buckeyes? They might be a good breed? I really like the idea of the Dutch as they have an interesting history and are great layers. Do you have a color recommendation for Dutch? Or another breed/ color.
Yes, I show them. I would highly recommend them, and they need more breeders.
They are tough, far ranging, and friendly. They make for the most gentlemenly roosters you have ever met and I can pick them up without them running away, even though I rarely handle them. One of the most low maintenance breeds, suited to all climates.
4705AC89-AD84-448A-A41D-25C35561DC3C.jpeg

Yes, I show them. I would highly recommend them, and they need more breeders.
They are tough, far ranging, and friendly. They make for the most gentlemenly roosters you have ever met and I can pick them up without them running away, even though I rarely handle them. One of the most low maintenance breeds, suited to all climates. View attachment 3159650
Beautiful! Do you have any available or eggs for sale? I’m in Alabama .

Back
Top Bottom