New run building project

Milepost that's an awesome size for a hoop! And a great idea. I might be able to talk hubby into a grow out pen like yours, keep your fingers crossed for me. Janets thank you we are still adding 2 more 10 ft walls to it to make it longer and then will build the perminant roof for it. Hubby is working a lot so I have to wait until he has time to put it together.

Yay! Made some progress yesterday! We got the last two 10 ft walls, complete with shelves, built and installed. My dh put the shelves in for me to set stuff on while I work but the girls like to hang on them too. The run is officially full size, 15'x20' inside. We were also able to build and install half of the permanent roof which has skylight panels. Great idea from dh! Once the roof is finished he will top it off with a ridgecap for added ventilation. Then all that will be left is building the permanent coop which they will get to move into before winter. The girls are super happy with the fresh patch ofgrass full of bugs. The kids even helped out a bit yesterday!

Looks like it was a fun family project...lots of helping hands!

Yep they each help in their own way. My 11 yr old son is earning boyscout badges for helping to build it and when its finished he will take the troop in and give a presentation on how to care for them and earn more badges for that.

Well the second half of the roof was installed last night, just have to put the ridge cap on and put a few finishing touches on it. SSome of the roof panels are long and need trimmed down so it looks nice and even. Once we get it completed we can start construction on the new coop. I will post more pics of the second half of the run shortly. It was too dark to take more pics last night.

And of course my happy little girls enjoying the new space. They just went from 10'x15' to a whopping 20'x15'. My little Sherbert is so happy she has started squatting for me! Yay, countdown to eggs has begun!!

Yes they have! my black chicken Angie loves it so much she will kick one of the younger chickens off of it so she can have it. The EE's are scared of it when it swings though.

Back
Top Bottom