New sound at dusk.......

mominoz

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 17, 2009
North Georgia
So I am always out around dusk to put up birds or working on the 'farm', and noted a new sound or call... and haven't heard it before (10 years). We are in farm country with a ridge that is National Forest behind us and a town about 5-7 miles on the other side of it... Last summer they burned off the ridge some right behind us and it moved some stuff (like lot more water ... more deer, the hawk is now in the back yard... but ignores my birds (could be the geese and the ducks are larger than him...and enough other food around) Anyway... unless the coyotes have a new call (have heard them for years nearby).... it is like "Chee,Chee, Chee, Chee, Chee..." my first thought was it like an exotic... a sound you'd hear in African movie.... (there are a some neighbors on the 2 roads here , one on the Other side from where I heard this sound coming from has a parrot)... but this really different....

I would say the neighbors have something to do with it, if it worries you, ask them. I have a parrot and they are capable of making very strange sounds.

Back
Top Bottom