new to BYC

El Jugo

Hatching
Oct 20, 2015
Hello all I'm new to BYC I started my endeavor with this year with backyard chickens back in february. i have raised pigeons all my life and due to the BOP I have lost a lot of money and patience with pigeons and invested in the chickens. i chose chickens because of the interaction i can gain daily without the lost of life overtime i let them out in the yard to play. i also gained a plus with having chickens and thats eggs lol. I'm in los angeles california. this looks like a cool site with a lot of research and hope to make some bonds with fellow chicken owners and fowl enthusiast

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm sorry to hear things have not worked out for you with the pigeons. I'm sure you will enjoy your chicken adventures very much. It's a fantastic hobby and very rewarding too. You can build some real bonds with chickens and they so easily become pets and very loving animals. You might like to drop by the where am I where are you section of the forum for your state thread. Here is the link ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
I'm sure you will find other chicken keepers near to you.

Wishing you the very best of luck in the future.
Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens.
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm sorry about your struggles with the pigeons. Hopefully things will go much better with chickens. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

welcome-byc.gif

What breed(s) of chickens do you have?

Thanks for joining us!

SO FAR I HAVE THREE RHODE ISLAND REDS , THE AMERUCANA ( I THINK I MISPELLED IT) AND 1 BARRED ROCK

Back
Top Bottom