New to chickening

Hugz21

Chirping
May 5, 2019
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
My Coop
My Coop
Hi! I'm Kate
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I'm brand new to backyard chickens - the website and the concept. I got my babies 6 weeks ago

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 5

(3) What breeds do you have? 4 - One New Hampshire named Magenta. She's 8 weeks old. 2 Australorps named Indigo and Violet (6weeks), 1 buff Orpington named Amethyst and a Silver Lacewing Wyandotte named Lilac

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? So far, my favourite thing is watching them do chicken things - chase crickets, sun bathe, stretch their wings. They are just fascinating.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I crochet, scrap book, play dungeons and dragons and I'm a novice powerlifter

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I've got 2 daughters - one who was terrified of most animals until about 6 weeks ago

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I read a bunch of the articles when I was researching if chickens were the right choice for our family. I've been reading the forums and decided to join because I am after some specific advice that I can't find the answer to

I'm looking forward to becoming an active member of the community

Attachments

• WUYF2430.JPG
    WUYF2430.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 8
Hi Kate and welcome to BYC and congrats on your new hobby.

Here are some links to key resources:

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom