New to Chickens and Backyard Chickens

animalgrl

Songster
Jun 7, 2015
Hi,
I'm new to chickens and Backyard Chickens. I have had chickens for about 6 months. The first chicken was a stray red sex link that showed up and started living in my yard. Unable to find her a home, we got her some friends and now, in addition to the red sex link, Clucky, I have a 7 month old Cream Legbar named Angel, and two younger pullets (approximately 5 months old). One is a Cuckoo Marans named Cuckoo and the other is an Easter Egger named Penny. In addition to the ladies, I also have 3 Dogs, 4 cats and a ball python. I'm loving havin the chickens so far, but I do have questions and am sure I will be posting to the forums soon.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. You have a nice mix of breeds. Red Sex Links are laying machines. Unless she is past her laying prime, you should get loads of large, brown eggs from Clucky. Our Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorites. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

I'm new to this site AND a new chicken owner. I need help! I don't know the first thing about chickens! I was given 2 Bantams today. 1 hen & 1 rooster. I first would like to know what kind they are and then of course how to take care of them. Not sure if I'm even posting this in the appropriate place on this site.

Back
Top Bottom