New to chickens, just bought 6 hens.

Welcome to BYC!
The Blue Andalusian looks correct. The next two "RIR" are actually RSL. The third "RIR" is a Cinnamon Queen. The Barbanter is right. The last one is a Bielefelder.

As some of the others have said, chickens hate change and it will take some time for them to settle and start laying.
Thanks for letting me know! I’ve been outside all day trying to figure out what breed, just to do a little more research on them. I’m really. Excited about learning they’re personalities

Hello I just purchased 6 hens. They are all under 2 years old. Any ideas if the “bird” app got the breeds correct. Also any tips on how to get the hens to lay eggs? I have had them only 2 days. And have had 3 eggs total. Not sure if this is a normal thing. Currently feeding a local lagers pellet, I also have been using some cracked corn and chicken scratch as treats. They have access to water and feed all day, and have layed in the nesting box. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome. Chickens do not like change more than anything, even if that change is better for them. They are stressed. Give them some time to come out of the stress from the change. You are feeding them just fine.

Back
Top Bottom