New to chickens on Long Island

Hello,
In terms of Green Chicken Coops, to date, I am very happy with them. I ordered the Extended Alexandria Coop and 9' run. Also, I ordered many options for each.The coop and run will arrive 3-28-13 so, at that time, I will give you a better evaluation.

If for some reason I do not (excitement, preoccupation with the set up, playing with the chicks, etc.) please remind me via the forum and this thread.
Hi Joseph C,

I also have the extended Alexandria but built my 5 x 14 ft run around it attached to my shed. It is a great run and I recommend the pullet-shut door. I removed the door that came with it and with 4 screws, installed it. I hope that you enjoy it! My pullets just started laying this week.I did add a front to the nesting boxes to hold the straw material in it. Can send pictures if you would like. Wishing you much luck and lots of fun with your chickens!

Good morning Irene,
Thank you for your input. I will give you all an update on my Green Chicken Coop which will arrive tomorrow. Can you please send photos as that would be so nice. Also, how do I navigate to the Southern Dutchess thread?. Any other advice is also very welcomed from you or anyone on this thread. Thanks to all.

In West Islip, we just got some chickens at Long Island Poultry in Riverhead. We lpicked up supplies at the Hayloft - park view stables, east islip! Good luck!

In never heard of LI poultry-What is it? please expand!

The Green Chicken Coop coop arrived today. The construction is great. The run is Super. The transportation company was super providing a lift gate, and pallet jack. The driver helped me pallet jack "drag" the two pallets about 50 feet to my coop area. The driver was very accommodating and I tipped him well for his efforts.

All in all, a very good experience. Anyone that has specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Happy chicken to all of you!

In never heard of LI poultry-What is it? please expand!

The Green Chicken Coop coop arrived today. The construction is great. The run is Super. The transportation company was super providing a lift gate, and pallet jack. The driver helped me pallet jack "drag" the two pallets about 50 feet to my coop area. The driver was very accommodating and I tipped him well for his efforts.

All in all, a very good experience. Anyone that has specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Happy chicken to all of you!

The LI Poultry is a very small operation. His web site is under construction so you have to like him on face book. You can see pics and ask questions about what is available. Our "chicks" are a month old now, healthy, happy and manhandled by my kids ! Very good experience so far, but I am new to this. If you do not have FB I can get u a phone number.

Thank you Lalany!
A phone number would be appreciated. My chicks are three weeks old and getting larger, healthier, messy and verry active. What are your thoughts about putting them out at 4 weeks old here in Long Island with the current early morning temperature of 40 degrees and a day time of 50 degrees ( any other forum members please respond also with your opinions).

Thanks to all!

Good afternoon IRISCHICK,
I really like that photo. If I can offer any advise let me know. I am new to this, but have done extensive research, received my coop last week and ready to put the chicks out in a week or two.
Take care.

Back
Top Bottom