New to Geese! What is the best type of housing for geese?

2chicks poultry

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 27, 2013
Othello Washington
Hi everyone!I'm new to geese and I was just wondering if you geese scholars could help me figure out what is the best housing for medium to large geese? Please respond! Thanks!
frow.gif

We have a "hoop house" type of enclosure for night to keep them safe from predators. The houses are also within a 5 foot fenced area. From what I have read they do not need allot except to keep them from a draft, dry and anything that might want to eat them!

Hi - I'm not too good with uploading pictures -- but I can explain the house, I think. We used 16ft horse panels -- one for a small house, 2 or 3 for larger houses. We use 2x6's - 2 on each side to clamp the panels to and to make the buildings more portable - the smaller ones skid pretty easily. Bend the horse panel and clamp into the 2x6 -- we use 3/4" rigid pipe with washers and fittings to keep it from spreading out (at the ends of the house) We also use a 2x6 at the ends of the house to keep it from coming in. We cut another horse panel to make the back and front (with a door in to middle of the front) We cover that all with Aviary netting, then the roof of the house with a heavy tarp. I hope that helps-- in my avitar picture you can see the back of one of the houses.

If they are little they need to be in a brooder.
But if they are grown they can free range. I have around 50 geese and they are smart. At night they sleep with the dogs.
I have kept my ducks and geese in pens, and I do have Calls and Wood ducks in pens, but I would rather them free range.

Back
Top Bottom