New to guineas

Wolfie2

Songster
7 Years
Feb 23, 2016
South of Houston
Had a freind give us 3 guineas. Never dealt with them. She would have to destroy them If I could not take them, due to her neighbors. I've read a bit on this forum about them and have seen very little to suggest that I need some. What do I need to know about keepin 'em? I know they are noisy, but that can be an advantage. I know they are a bit hard to keep in a confined space but I have a 1 acre fenced area that the chickens stay inside of. My neighbors are pretty easy going and have chickens of their own so I see very little friction between us. Other than that I know very little. Enlighten me!

Had a freind give us 3 guineas. Never dealt with them. She would have to destroy them If I could not take them, due to her neighbors. I've read a bit on this forum about them and have seen very little to suggest that I need some. What do I need to know about keepin 'em? I know they are noisy, but that can be an advantage. I know they are a bit hard to keep in a confined space but I have a 1 acre fenced area that the chickens stay inside of. My neighbors are pretty easy going and have chickens of their own so I see very little friction between us. Other than that I know very little. Enlighten me!
Guineas are a flock bird. They need lots more of them to experience proper flock dynamics. My recommendation is to find someone who already has a flock and rehome them.

They are highly unlikely to stay in your one acre area. If they are adults and you don't keep them confined for 6 weeks, they will leave and will no longer be your problem.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom