new to mb and new to chickens. :)

jBlaze

Songster
11 Years
Oct 25, 2008
Oregon
Hi,
I am new to this mb and new to chickens. I am looking for a place to learn and hope for very little drama.
smile.png
I simply cannot lurk, I can't keep my mouth shut, lol.

We have 5 acres in the Willamette Valley in Oregon and I have wanted chickens for a few years, but no where to put them. Well then Dh brings home several!! And put them in my barn! Ick!
We got a hoop run made for them and a little 'chicken barn' from the feed store. We found a great shed at a garage sale and are trying to figure out how to convert it into a hen house. (advice on converting 8x10 needed and about run, best materials and how big
smile.png
)

We have 7 RIRs and 5 that I might guess the breed on and 5 mixed chicks (hen looks deleware), all are standard layers though. and 2 young turkeys.

I am trying to learn as we go, so please keep me going in the right direction!
smile.png

Sunday we are picking up 2 barnevelder pullets and I am so excited, the description on ideal sounds great!

I have so many questions and I just want to ask them all at once!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

There are tons of threads on here about building coops under that topic. Just do a search and you'll find more than you ever wanted to know!

welcome-byc.gif
You've come to the right place
smile.png
The people here are great, and so very knowledgeable!

Jump right in and start asking
big_smile.png
I highly recommend the SEARCH option at the top.... type in one or two key words like "coop size" and then select "topic subject only" for the narrowest search
smile.png
You will find tons of answers that way and will save yourself a bunch of time waiting on answers and will allow you to post the most important stuff... like pics of your chooks! We LOVE to see everyone's chickens
big_smile.png

Welcome to BYC! The best poultry board on the net.

Drama does occur here from time to time but overall it is the least dramatic of any board I have ever belonged to.

Back
Top Bottom