New to quail, but I have a question about hens and eggs

No, a male is not required for a lady to lay. I love my jumbos, so here’s my plug for Southwest Gamebirds. I’ve ordered live birds and eggs. Great outcomes with both.
Thanks, been looking at different breeders. Hubby just gave me yes, the we can have quail. Now I need to learn everything I need to have them. I have raised chickens and ducks in the past but never quail.

Thanks, been looking at different breeders. Hubby just gave me yes, the we can have quail. Now I need to learn everything I need to have them. I have raised chickens and ducks in the past but never quail.
I highly recommend finding advice that works for you. That’s the best advice I can give. My parents have birds, and my two best friends. We all have different set ups based on our different homes and different needs. Do whatever works best for you. Look at all information, consider everything, and practice what makes sense for you. Good luck and ask any question - chances are we’ve all had the same, whether we asked or not 👍🏼

I'm hopefully getting quail this summer. I had also wondered about needing a male.

On another note... if you haven't figured out housing yet, this is a great building plan for a quail hutch. That's what I'll be building for mine.
I'm obsessed with their coop plans. I've already made one of their coops and own multiple other plans from them.

I'm hopefully getting quail this summer. I had also wondered about needing a male.

On another note... if you haven't figured out housing yet, this is a great building plan for a quail hutch. That's what I'll be building for mine.
I'm obsessed with their coop plans. I've already made one of their coops and own multiple other plans from them.
Thanks for the info. I do have a hutch in mind from slightly redneck on you tube. Im also hoping to start here very soon. Waiting to get things done in the garagre and my she shed.

Back
Top Bottom