New to the forum. Hi!

tampachick

Chirping
Jul 8, 2016
Tampa, FL
I have always loved chickens (to eat), but when my roommate's daughter gave him 2 chickens for his birthday in June, I fell in love with them as pets 1st, and as eggers 2nd (now I feel very guilty when I grill chicken in front of them!

We got the 1st 2 chickens in June, another 2 in July and 2 chicks 2 days ago. Roommate grew up in AL, on a farm, so thankfully came in with a lot of knowledge, and I am a researcher by nature, and found this forum in May, bought books, this website and the chickenchick on Facebook, but I'm definitely a newbe!

Apparently 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Ameraucanas and the 2 chicks are supposedly Jersey Giants, but after reading some threads, I'm not convinced they aren't Black Mincoras. (I don't have good pix of the chicks yet)

I am a single Mom of a perfect (aren't they all, LOL), 24 year old son that is getting married next year. I also have a dog, Lilly who I adore even though she's a bedhog and 4 cats which are strictly indoor cats, and only allowed on the back screened in patio. I live in Tampa, FL and this is my 1st post on the site but I have been on the website almost every day!

I will attach a few pictures of "the girls" which is how they are referred to as soon as I can from my phone. Their names are (in order of when we got them), Thelma and Louis (T = RIR, L = Ameraucana), Peaches and Georgie (P = Ameraucana, G = RIR). No official names for the chicks as I name them based on their personalities!

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
- glad that you have joined us. It's great to hear that BYC has helped you already, and i hope that now you are a member, you will make the most of the collective knowledge and experience of our members.

Best wishes
CT

Back
Top Bottom