New to the site!

Hello,
welcome-byc.gif
and have a happy 2015! Sorry about Thanksgiving (is it just me or does that have another meaning?). Christmas sounds a lot like the chicken my mother had when she was young, it would run to the gate and greet her after school, as I was told.
lol.png
(I'm actually a little jealous)

Hah hah yeah I find that when you spend a lot of time with chickens they will start to grow attached, it's best to get them while their still young though, that's why when I get new chickens I usually buy ones in spring and make sure they were hatched that year, that way they get a chance to bond with you before they get older and more independent, but treats always help when geting a chicken to like you, things like freshly caught grasshoppers, crickets, or berries are great chicken taming treats, once they connect you with food they'll always rush to meet you.

I think it's great that you love your chickens. You didn't plan to live on a horse farm, it happened. Your family can enjoy the horses, and you can enjoy your chickens. I was a great dog lover when I was young and my family always called me "The dog nut." they didn't say it kindly either. My friends at school thought it was great, when I showed my dog, a few of them would go to the show to cheer me on.

When I got older my folks called me "Boy crazy," - I don't think my parents were ever on board for me but, I did alright myself. I'd love to see photos of your chickens with Santa. Welcome to Backyard Chickens. I'm very glad you joined the flock
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom