New to this adventure!

Franny08

Hatching
Oct 13, 2015
Hello everyone, my name is Francesca and live in Spokane, WA. I have been married for 30 years, 3 children (all grown) and 2 grandchildren.

When I was a child in Italy my mother had a simple cage on the balcony with 2 chickens, I loved having them. After marrying my husband I moved in US I always wanted chickens but we lived for long time in Phoenix and the kids, the job, life, the heat....... You know..
Four years ago we decided to come back to Spokane were my husband is from and I finally have a home where I have space for my garden and now my Chickens!!!!

So I did the first step, an opportunity allowed me to buy a cute chicken coop for $60 I just got it today!
As much as I would like to get the chickens right away I have decided to wait until spring and use the time to learn how to care for them, feed them....
So here I am :D

I have already seen so much information but I am going to need lot of help!

Thank you for letting me join.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens Francesca - so nice to meet you. I think you have a very good plan - learning first and then getting your chickens later. There will always be chickens.
The best place to start is the Learning Center, it should answer most of your questions. For specific information, you can browse the different forums. Also we are here to assist you. If you need help just let us know.

Welcome to BYC, Francesca. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. Our children and granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loved our chickens and made lap pets of the calmer and more gentle breeds. :eek:) X2 on drumstick diva; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Aww thank you!! Yes I am reading everything! I will probably have specific questions later on. Right I am going to clean and put longer legs on the coop and built a run/flying area.
Thank you

Hi Francesca,
welcome-byc.gif

How nice you can get back into chickens! Great buy on the coop, be sure to thoroughly clean it up and make it secure from predators.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There is so much information available here and a lot of friendly, helpful members.

Thanks for joining us!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I have been so busy cleaning the garden and winterize my green house! Today I went to a compost festival to learn more about composting and get a bin. Very excited because I want to build a chicken run next to the compost bin so I can feed the chicken with kitchen scrap and use the manure in the compost!! Lots to do and get ready for the chickens!

Back
Top Bottom