Dellshan

In the Brooder
Jan 12, 2023
Good day, well I’m new to this. I’m not quite sure how to use this but I’m gonna give it a shot.
I hv property in a small town in Washington state. I am close to water way. Across the street from me.
So with that said I shave a large pond feed by underground springs. And it is full all year long.
One of my besties daughter brought me two ducklings in sept of 2022.
Said my pond needed some color. Lol.
I have a Peking duck, Wich we hv determined as a male( no name yet)
And a Rouen and that is a female (no name as well) I have come close to thinking that they are around 13 to 15 weeks old.
My male has now mounted the female.
Up to the point she was in the water all the time. And now won’t go in her pool or the pond. And wants me to be outside with them.
I had a light in their coop, so I could keep an eye on them. I have just recently started to turn it off. I moved their heat lamp to a corner next to their house we built.
I have not found any eggs. What am I doing wrong, or what can I do better.
Help

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
I don't think you're doing anything wrong.
You probably should remove the heat lamp as they're fully feathered and don't need supplemental heat. A dry, well ventilated, predator proof enclosure for night time is a must.
The little female is probably avoiding the water because that is usually where the drakes mate them. She's probably just too young for it. Just because she's being mated does not mean that she's laying eggs.

Good day, well I’m new to this. I’m not quite sure how to use this but I’m gonna give it a shot.
I hv property in a small town in Washington state. I am close to water way. Across the street from me.
So with that said I shave a large pond feed by underground springs. And it is full all year long.
One of my besties daughter brought me two ducklings in sept of 2022.
Said my pond needed some color. Lol.
I have a Peking duck, Wich we hv determined as a male( no name yet)
And a Rouen and that is a female (no name as well) I have come close to thinking that they are around 13 to 15 weeks old.
My male has now mounted the female.
Up to the point she was in the water all the time. And now won’t go in her pool or the pond. And wants me to be outside with them.
I had a light in their coop, so I could keep an eye on them. I have just recently started to turn it off. I moved their heat lamp to a corner next to their house we built.
I have not found any eggs. What am I doing wrong, or what can I do better.
Help
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom