new with chickens

bdrl2

Hatching
12 Years
May 8, 2007
I have 3 parish pigs, a holstein cow, and now 50 chickens. I know nothing about chickens...please help! I took these chickens in from someone in need..they couldnt keep them. I know they were purchased from a local feed store on april 1. I have some pics but dont know how to attach them on here...I can email them. There are some red ones, white ones, black and white ones, black ones, and yellowish ones. We have them in a stall in my barn. We are going to butcher most of them but do plan to keep 5 or 6 of them for eggs. any info would be great help.

Best place to start is the BYC home page and click on learning center. From there using the search feature on this forum will allow you to find almost everything chicken related. From there just start asking specific questions and I am sure your questions can be answered.

If your yellowish ones are orpingtons keep them for layers. Reds may be rhode island red. Also good layers. For whites check white rock. Just guessing here but they are common.

Go to feathersite.com and plug in those breeds and check the pictures against what you have.

Back
Top Bottom