Newbee Intro.

Susan L

In the Brooder
Feb 16, 2023
We have had our wonderful chickens for 3 years. Our variety of chickens are Silverlaced Wyandottes, Red Silverlaced Wyandottes Leghorns, Australorps, Sexlinks & NewHampshire reds. Each has a name and we spoil them very much. We feed only organic food and treats. We started late in life and wish we would have started earlier. We live in the country and share our eggs with family and friends. Our flock is a total of 24. We hatched last year 3 eggs in a brooder and 2 were roosters and one hen. Now we have 4 roosters. What a trip. Our first roosters are Abe and Adam. They take such good care of the girls. Abe has been through the mill with health problems. A pin in his leg and frostbite that has taken the tips of his waddle and toes. We are fighting an infection on his middle toe and his spur too. There is a lot to learn to keep them safe and healthy. I have read many posts on Back Yard Chickens them, I am very thankful.

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Back
Top Bottom