Newbie Chicken Mom

WandoP2

Chirping
Mar 16, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? had chickens growing up 45 years ago.. just started again 2 months ago

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 16

(3) What breeds do you have? Columbia Wyandotte, Ameraucana, Starlight Green Eggers, Easter Eggers, Cuckoo Marans, Polish Splash, Black Jersey Giant

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? interaction with them

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening, Sewing, Quilting, Embroidery, crafting

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. disabled Mom, Grandmom, girlfriend,

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D found from searching for chicken hatcheries. Was like 3rd time this site came up... decided to join

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? had chickens growing up 45 years ago.. just started again 2 months ago

(3) What breeds do you have? Columbia Wyandotte, Ameraucana, Starlight Green Eggers, Easter Eggers, Cuckoo Marans, Polish Splash, Black Jersey Giant

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? interaction with them

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening, Sewing, Quilting, Embroidery, crafting

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. disabled Mom, Grandmom, girlfriend,

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D found from searching for chicken hatcheries. Was like 3rd time this site came up... decided to join
Hi! Welcome!! BYC comes up in my Google searches OFTEN!!! That was before I even signed up, which was just a couple days ago!

Hi and Welcome :welcome

1. I have 2 quails and just got into it 2 weeks ago when my 2 supermarket quail eggs hatched and became Meep and Peep.

2. I have 2 quails, and now I have 2 silkie eggs developing in the incubator that will become chickens.

3. Coturnix quail and Silkie chicken

4. Their personalities are so funny and unique... I also have really been enjoying DIY coop stuff.

5. Fantasy writing, genomics research, animals, and random internet searching of animals.

6. I have 3 dogs and 7 bearded dragons (2 are rescues - used to be 4 but my old couple died this year :/, 3 are for breeding, and 2 I bred myself and kept :D ); I'm a product manager at a cybersecurity company, and I have a lot of family.

7. I stumbled upon it when researching how to care for Meep and Peep - so glad I did

Back
Top Bottom