NEWBIE HELP: Marans and Guineas in the Same Incubator (DAY 19)

gr8bskt

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 23, 2012
I put Guinea eggs and Marans eggs in the same incubator. It's Day 19 for the marans eggs and those eggs are chirping in there already. I'm wondering how it's possible to both be on lockdown for the marans, and to roll the guineas. Not possible, I figure. And will the higher humidity that the marans need for hatching hurt the guineas?

Yikes. I've already learned my lesson and lashed myself with a wet noodle, but I'm hoping it's possible to save the guineas. Is there any way to make this work?

Thanks so much,
Jennifer

This will take you bout an hour,but I would try to make another incubator.
Look up how to make an incubator and click on storm the castles video. Or it mite be fantasy something ,,,,,
Anyhow I just used a cardboard box instead of styrofoam.. My chicks are hatching now... It'll take work, but its worth a shot!;)
Good Luck! And God bless!!

Last edited:
Took me bout 45 minutes to make mine I used a medium flat rate box for the lid..:):) and I used a 25wat bulb in an unscrewed heat lamp works great!:):):)

THANK YOU, Cabbage Girl!!! Making another incubator never crossed my mind. Too distracted with a chicken-eating sow (long story)... Thanks again!!!

Hmmmm...just thinking. If the chicken eggs are on lockdown, I won't/can't get the guinea eggs out, yes? no?

Hmmmm...just thinking. If the chicken eggs are on lockdown, I won't/can't get the guinea eggs out, yes? no?
humidity is a guide.

If you have not added water for the maran hatch, wait till the first pip then fill the water pots enough to get you through the hatch. Pull the chicks as soon as you can. dry up the bator and then wait till you get the first pip with the GF before you do it again.

I know plenty of people who hatch in the tray at the bottom of their sportsman and do OK with the other eggs. Its not ideal but doable.

good luck

I know plenty of people who hatch in the tray at the bottom of their sportsman and do OK with the other eggs. Its not ideal but doable.

Thanks ozexpat! Can you tell me what you mean by "at the bottom of their sportsman"?

Back
Top Bottom