newbie here!

blackie

Hatching
12 Years
Mar 3, 2007
Hoquiam, WA
Hello! My name is Kelly and I am just now getting an interest in keeping backyard chickens.

We are about to move into a house with a fenced backyard. I like the "chicken tractor" idea a lot. I am not sure if it's legal to keep chickens where we live - Hoquiam, WA. I can't find the answer online. Some regs (from other cities) seem to say 100' from your neighbor's property line which is not possible on the lot we're moving into.

Can anyone point me in the right direction so I know if I can even start this project? Thanks!
smile.png

The easiest thing is to call the city hall and find out from the Animal Control Officer what the regulations are. Then contact the Health Department and see what they say. In my town/city, a rooster is considered noise pollution and is under the control of the Health Department. My chicken license is under the control of Animal Control and I have to get inspected every year and pay $5 to renew.

ooopppsss...forgot....WELCOME!!!!!

Last edited:
Kelly, Welcome to BYC. This is a great hobby and some citys like Madison Wi have come a long way in allowing people keep chickens. They have worked with city gov in
a positive approach to keep chickens inside city limits. If interested here is a link where they may be able to help you. http://madcitychickens.com/ Good Luck.

bigzio

Back
Top Bottom