Newbie in Oregon

KristinKH

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 4, 2015
Hi all,

I'm new to raising chickens. I have 6 chicks of various breeds that are 2 weeks old as of yesterday. I'm learning as I go and every time I search the web with questions I always end up on this site. I've gotten so much great info already from you guys, and looking forward to more (and more and more). Thanks!

Kristin

Here are my ladies at 10 days old. They are 1 RIR (named Red), 1 Buff Orp (Buffy), 1 Jersey Giant (Baby Girl), 1 Light Brahma (Bibi), 1 Barred Plymouth Rock (Rockminster Fuller), and 1 SL Wyandotte (Pretty Lady).

Welcome to BYC! Good luck with your new flock.

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome! I'm in Oregon also and my chicks are about the same age. It was so nice today I took them outside in the grass for the first time. They loved it! I have 3 black australorps, 2 buff orpingtons, 1 Delaware, 2 easter eggers, and 2 Barred rock. This is my first time raising chicks and I'm surprised at how much fun it's been!

Thanks everyone.

Here are a few more pics:

This is the ladies at 13 or 14 days getting their first taste of salad greens.

This is my brooder setup. It's a 42" x 28" dog crate. That thing on top with 3 black legs sticking out is the tripod holding the GoPro. I've been taking pics since day 1. I have some time lapse videos posted on YouTube in case anyone's interested. Is it OK to post the URL here? I don't want to break any rules.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join to our flock. Your chicks are adorable. Thanks for posting the pics. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chicks.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Awww your chicks are so cute! Enjoy their little size while it lasts; they grow fast!
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom