Newbie Intro

Toast n Jelly

Songster
12 Years
Jan 29, 2007
Hi all I'm new to this board but have been a member of BYC as a lurker mostly
wink.png

I have 26 eggs in the bator ....28 chickens in the coop...2 hens in bumblefoot-bay (hen hospital) and 6 chicks in a brooder. Do I fit in? LOL

Anyway glad to be here!

Norma (Canada)

Well Carol ....Lets see, I first put in White leghorns then added some surprise eggs bought from a farmer at the market thinking they prob. wouldn't be fertile but 7 were
big_smile.png
then I went back and got a doz more and will candle in a few days to see how many are going to grow.

They would be layers and perhaps mixed...that's the surprise! I love my generic breeds lol....I do mixes with a very tall Silkie rooster on all sorts of hens and are they ever gorgeous. Obviously I don't show and these chickens are my sweeties.

How about you? what do you have and like to do? I'm nosey too
smile.png

I live on the South shore of Montreal, Quebec...where winter has finally found us :mad:

Norma

Quote:
Thanks Spotted Crow (love your name) I'm going to have a lot more of the colors since I hatched a lot of chickies
lol.png

Oh and BTW.....I have Standard Silkies that lay a beautiful rich and shiny green egg .......yep green egg and unfortunately I can't send eggs to the States. Many people have asked for them.

Norma

TY, Rainbow...My Leghorn lays pink eggs, my Silkie mix lays tan, and my Brahma laid one single Baby Yellow egg...
We don't have Standard Silkies in the States, darn it! We'll need pics, you know...
wink.png

Sorry Spotted Crow...didn't mean Standard as in size but as in looks just like any other Silkie and is not a mix which most people think because she lays green eggs:). But a lot of my roos seem to be quite large compared to the usual seen in photos so maybe they came from across the water at one time...who knows?

Those sound like some good looking eggs and I seem to have a thing for good lookiing eggs:lol:.

Rainbow- I love the different colors eggs too. I just have white & brown ones so far. I do have a couple EE hens, so I'm waiting on blue or green!

I have a hodge-podge of breeds, and alot of mixed silkies. I have chanteclers (YAY-Canada!), polish, cochins, silkies, OEGB's, a brahma, a Iowa Blue, a cornish, naked necks and showgirls!

Carole I know just how you'll feel when you get those colored eggs!
Boy you just made my list a little longer and I know I haven't the space...oh dear:(

Back
Top Bottom