Newbie looking for some help im kinda worried

ctinahara

Hatching
Jul 6, 2020
Hi all!!!
I'm new to having chickens. my other half has some experience but not enough to help with my question. I have been having some issues with my chickens. they were laying perfect before we got them, for a few days after we got them and then it changed. only one was laying then they both stopped then only the one from before and then stopped again and today I have found a weird looking egg. I will attach photos. it had like an ambilical cord and a hole and when I cracked the egg open so much blood. Im worried please tell me this is normal????? I started out feeding scratch which I learned was terrible so I accredited that to the no laying in the first week, but now im.feeding laying feed, oyster shells and grit. I've only had them a little over 2 weeks and all this is happening. I dont want to be doing something wrong unknowingly. thank you for all your help!!

Attachments

• 20200706_084947.jpg
    20200706_084947.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200706_084949.jpg
    20200706_084949.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200706_085208.jpg
    20200706_085208.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 11
I am not an expert, but from my experience I would say that the eggs they first laid for you were already ‘in the chute’. They stopped due to the normal stress of moving. Also because of the lack of nutrition. This egg - while terrifying- is probably her system trying to start back up again. Watch her behavior closely. Keep her comfortable with ice in her waterer and low stress. Watch her next few eggs and I bet they will be normal. If they aren’t - get back on here and let us know.

I am not an expert, but from my experience I would say that the eggs they first laid for you were already ‘in the chute’. They stopped due to the normal stress of moving. Also because of the lack of nutrition. This egg - while terrifying- is probably her system trying to start back up again. Watch her behavior closely. Keep her comfortable with ice in her waterer and low stress. Watch her next few eggs and I bet they will be normal. If they aren’t - get back on here and let us know.
:goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom