Newbie questions

juliejohnson805

Songster
Aug 24, 2016
Central Alabama
I have 4 ducklings 5-6 weeks old (I think). The are in a wire dog crate outside under shed. No heating lamp I used the MHP like I do with my chicks.
When can I move them out on their own? Will they need a coop? My chicken coop/run is not big enough to add them to it. TIA!

These are Ducks...;).....No they never go into their run at night like a Chicken..;)....They need to be taught to herd into the Coop and run at night...:)
This proves to be a problem for me as well. Darn ducks never want to leave the pond. For awhile I could coach them out with peas, but they soon caught onto my ways. It takes me over an hour to get them in at night!

These are Ducks...;).....No they never go into their run at night like a Chicken..;)....They need to be taught to herd into the Coop and run at night...:)
This proves to be a problem for me as well. Darn ducks never want to leave the pond. For awhile I could coach them out with peas, but they soon caught onto my ways. It takes me over an hour to get them in at night!

lol...;)...Ducks are smart and act like feathered puppies...:)...Silly Ducks..:)

By 5 - 6 weeks they can be outside easily.
My ducks have been out for a few weeks without heat now. They will be 7 weeks old monday.
Mine actually go back to their coop/ run by themselves every night.
I just go close up after dark.

Back
Top Bottom