Newbie to the group, thank you.

May 15, 2019
I had a neighbor that introduced me to chickens and of course I then followed and was raising about 30+ chickens, button quail, Chukar quail and ducks and a mating pair of ringneck pheasants. My favorite duck Houdini, I raised from the day he hatched. What a wonderful experience. After about a year and half with a week our neighbors dogs devastated our flock. We gave the rest of the chicken to my daughter and her kids and then are now the chicken farmers. We are now left with the pheasants, which had about 20 eggs last spring and we have raised them and have about 12 left. I built a safer enclosure and they are healthy and happy. But now the question arises. Mommy pheasant was not a ringneck, she was either a red or golden. I saw in your post about hybrids #3 picture looks just like my male. At present it is spring here in Florida and the females are collecting all the white rocks in the enclosure and setting on them. Do you think these hybrids will not produce. Will I be able to introduce another mate to obtain offspring? just suggestions, as my kiddoes are so beautiful, but would love some babies!

I had a neighbor that introduced me to chickens and of course I then followed and was raising about 30+ chickens, button quail, Chukar quail and ducks and a mating pair of ringneck pheasants. My favorite duck Houdini, I raised from the day he hatched. What a wonderful experience. After about a year and half with a week our neighbors dogs devastated our flock. We gave the rest of the chicken to my daughter and her kids and then are now the chicken farmers. We are now left with the pheasants, which had about 20 eggs last spring and we have raised them and have about 12 left. I built a safer enclosure and they are healthy and happy. But now the question arises. Mommy pheasant was not a ringneck, she was either a red or golden. I saw in your post about hybrids #3 picture looks just like my male. At present it is spring here in Florida and the females are collecting all the white rocks in the enclosure and setting on them. Do you think these hybrids will not produce. Will I be able to introduce another mate to obtain offspring? just suggestions, as my kiddoes are so beautiful, but would love some babies!
I'm sorry I can't answer your questions, but wanted to welcome to the group! I'm sure there are several on here that will be able to answer your questions once they see your post! Good luck!

D26DAB7D-3759-4888-98BB-3CA26B973CD1.jpeg
Welcome to BYC!​

Back
Top Bottom