Newbie to the site... getting back into chickens.

StormieDawn

In the Brooder
May 1, 2016
Small Town, WA State
Hey everyone! My 4-H leader had recommneded the site back when she was my leader. Anyways, my chicks had gone through a little encounter with weasels and such, fhey didnt make it (they were Buff Laced Polish), and I sadly never got to show chickens.

I just happened across some Seramas at our local farm store for fifteen dollars a piece (chicks, both black). I really want to actually be able to show these little guys, and get to learn structure of this breed. So if anuonr had any input on that, that would be awesome
1f496.png

Thanks guys! Im so excited to join the site
1f496.png

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm sorry to hear you lost your polish :hugs Congrats on your new serama :clap There are quite a few serama threads, here is a popular one ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/415294/american-serama-thread
If you use the search box above many many more come up too.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
CT

Be aware the weasels will be back after finding some easy snacks and can squeeze through very small openings.. Please check out the predator threads to see what has to be done to safeguard your birds, or you will be constantly replacing them. Seramas are big birds in a small package but, aren't going to defeat any predators.

Back
Top Bottom