Newbie to this forum!

Ajraps_homestead

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2023
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We got our first chickens about 2 years ago. Sadly we lost them all and decided to start over last year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 18 Hens and 4 roosters... i know the ratio is a bit off. one reason why i am here i need some advice
(3) What breeds do you have? No really sure we got a mix of easter eggers two of our roosters look like Brahmas. we have a couple saphire gems.. honestly not 100% on what they all are exactly. maybe some could help me identify them!
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Other then the eggs we really enjoy watching their dynamics! they are a lot of fun!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? we have horses and dogs as well getting into gardening. we are trying to develop a nice little homestead

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My husband and I have 10 acres with 2 horses of our own and we board 2 horses. we have 3 dogs two aussies and one lab mix. the aussies are great with the chickens the lab mix not so much. we have 2 yo daughter who loves the animals. we want to become more self sufficient and learn to have meat birds and garden.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D i was googling what to do with my roosters and found this forum!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We got our first chickens about 2 years ago. Sadly we lost them all and decided to start over last year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 18 Hens and 4 roosters... i know the ratio is a bit off. one reason why i am here i need some advice
(3) What breeds do you have? No really sure we got a mix of easter eggers two of our roosters look like Brahmas. we have a couple saphire gems.. honestly not 100% on what they all are exactly. maybe some could help me identify them!
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Other then the eggs we really enjoy watching their dynamics! they are a lot of fun!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? we have horses and dogs as well getting into gardening. we are trying to develop a nice little homestead

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My husband and I have 10 acres with 2 horses of our own and we board 2 horses. we have 3 dogs two aussies and one lab mix. the aussies are great with the chickens the lab mix not so much. we have 2 yo daughter who loves the animals. we want to become more self sufficient and learn to have meat birds and garden.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D i was googling what to do with my roosters and found this forum!

Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom