Newbie trying to learn how to post

If you are on a pc, at the top left of every section is a tab that says, "Start a new Thread". Click on it and post a question.

If you are on a mobile, I have no idea. LOL I always use the Desktop Version, (at the bottom of every page) when I use my phone or tablet. 

Good luck! :)
Oh LOL I'm on mobile.

Lol, That is what I had been doing, but I read that that was to change to a different subject...I guess I was right to use the 'start a new thread' button...Kind of confusing though, because I was NOT changing the subject. Thanks!

This is going to seem extremely lame at best, but I am desparate. I do NOT know how to post a new question???? I have gone to the search bar and this is the best that came up> Can anyone just walk me through the steps to simply post a new question? Many thanks...... A lost chick...LOL

Not lame at all. I'll do my best. At the top of the BYC homepage are a series of brown tabs. One of them says Forum. Click on that tab. What will open is a vertical list of forums like Predators and Pests, Chicken Behavior and Egg Laying, etc. There are a bunch. Click on the forum that you think would be best suited for your question. Now look for a blue tab that says Start New Thread. Click on that and a text box will pop up where you can post a subject and then your question or concern. Once you type it in look below and right for a brown button that says Submit. Click on that and you're done! Hope that helps!

Hi my name is Huck and I'm new to backyard chickens I just have a question concerning my chicken I've noticed she has long fingernails do you have to trim them not really sure can you give me any suggestions

Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you joined us, I do hope you will make yourself at home here. Enjoy BYC! I never trim my chickens nails. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom