Newbie with NO experience .... what breed?

Myra2010

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 20, 2014

This is Piddle and Jiggles, I just rescued them from certain death , and I know nothing ! What breed are they and how do I know if they are Male or female? I have been reading on here for hours now , and have learned a lot , but I will gladly take ANY advice you are willing to give ! I just couldn't stand to see them put down ! (on the fastest learning curve of my life !
barnie.gif
)

I would vent sex to tell what gender they are. I have done the method of vent sexing for a while and I have found it to be fairly accurate but you need to know what you are doing otherwise it isn't and you could hurt the birds.

@nayeli,I am heart sick , i just found out today the same person I got piddle and Jiggle from , decided , that the babes she took home with her , were getting too big to live in her house so she just let them go in a near by stream , they will never make it , they are just to small ... some people should be banned from ever being allowed to purchase any kind of living thing !!!!!!!
hit.gif

I would go look for them. Bring your babies and get them to peep. Maybe the lost ones will peep back.
I am trying to find out where they were dropped... i am just heart sick , my little ones are so sweet and very attached to us , i just cant imagine how sad these little ones are...rotten humans !

They look like Pekins (pure white ducks), you can vent sex them or wait a couple of weeks until they get their voice: female ducks quack and male ducks have a raspy quack. Also the male pekin will grow bigger than the female and will have two curly tail feathers.

Back
Top Bottom