4happyhenz

In the Brooder
Sep 1, 2015
Morrisville NY
Hello! 4happyhenz here. I am new to the chicken'ness'. I have to say it's been the best thing we've done! There is a great satisfaction walking past the eggs in the supermarket. Every day I thank my girls for the yummy eggs they produce. We've had countless hours of fun watching and taking care of them. I have enjoyed reading answered questions on byc and decided to join. I have four beautiful red sex links (now known with the help of 'transitbird')

Last edited:
Hello! 4happyhenz here. I am new to the chicken'ness'. I have to say it's been the best thing we've done! There is a great satisfaction walking past the eggs in the supermarket. Every day I thank my girls for the yummy eggs they produce. We've had countless hours of fun watching and taking care of them. I have enjoyed reading answered questions on byc and decided to join. I have four beautiful Rhode Island Reds.
Welcome to BYC. Lots of helpful people here. Hope you have fun!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I love you avatar. Is that your daughter holding the chicken? Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. Our children and granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loved our chickens and made lap pets of the calmer and more gentle breeds. Red Sex Links are laying machines. You should get loads of large, brown eggs from those four girls. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is loads of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your RSLs.

Beautiful picture Michael Oshay. Funny how our avatars are similar. Yes, that's my 3 year old daughter. She spends hours in the yard playing with them, finding worms and clover to give them. I also have two boys who fight to do the morning chicken chores so they can be the ones to get the eggs. Thank you for your response. I will definitely be checking out the learning center <3

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!

Kids and chickens just seem to go together, funny reading how your boys vie over who gets to do the chores and eggs. Kids can learn a lot from animals and it will give them some fun memories years from now.

If you haven't found it yet, there is a NY state thread. You might like to go say hi there, it can be helpful to chat with people that are close by:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/231485/ny-chicken-lover

Good luck with your flock and if you have questions, always feel free to ask. There are a lot of friendly, helpful members here.

Beautiful picture Michael Oshay. Funny how are avatars are similar. Yes, that's my 3 year old daughter. She spends hours in the yard playing with them, finding worms and clover to give them. I also have two boys who fight to do the morning chicken chores so they can be the ones to get the eggs. Thank you for your response. I will definitely be checking out the learning center <3

You're welcome.

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom