Newborn with red bubble

BobbieB7

Chirping
Mar 2, 2021
Rhode Island USA 🇺🇸 Zone 6b
Hi I had a broody that’s been sitting on egg. I had one chick on Wednesday which was hatch date. I had a couple more yesterday. This morning I believe Polly Momma got up of hatching baby. It was still wet. Having a bit of problem getting up and going.
Polly
IMG_3762.jpeg
had four chicks that were busy around her. I put baby in my bra for warmth. I liked it over and she’s perfect except she has a red bump on belly. Umbilical cord ? Is there anything I can or need to do?

Attachments

• IMG_3763.jpeg
    IMG_3763.jpeg
    436.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3758.jpeg
    IMG_3758.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3760.jpeg
    IMG_3760.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3759.jpeg
    IMG_3759.jpeg
    277.7 KB · Views: 4
It's the yolk sack that's still absorbing. You can dab a little neosporin on it since you put it in your germy bra, but it's nothing to worry about.
Sometimes I speak before thinking about how I'm supposed to respond to a post. I'm guilty of that. It's inappropriate unknowingly or knowingly calling out personal hygiene.

If I had a nickel for every time I get rude comments instead of just help!
I thought this was a community for flock lovers.
Why some people take a jab at others is beyond me

Sometimes I speak before thinking about how I'm supposed to respond to a post. I'm guilty of that. It's inappropriate unknowingly or knowingly calling out personal hygiene.

Yep, very rude comment and not necessary. Chickens and broodies live in poop and dirt, so I doubt that this was really helpful.
I apologize, I wasn't trying to be rude.
There's some very serious bacteria that grows in damp places on your body, even if you bathe everyday, such as cleavage, not a good idea to put unclosed wounds there. Also ammonia and oils.
It's not dissimilar to licking it, and we all know the danger of a human bite.
That's why bra incubation fails 98% of the time.
Again, not intentionally bring rude but I'm sorry that I came off that way.

If I had a nickel for every time I get rude comments instead of just help!
I thought this was a community for flock lovers.
Why some people take a jab at others is beyond me

Had I known it was your first day on the internet I’d not have commented. 😉

I thought the statement was just a funny turn of phrase, and I made a silly throwaway joke that was probably best ignored rather than responded to.

Anyway how is the chick doing this morning?

Back
Top Bottom