Newby from Missouri

bird girl65438

In the Brooder
May 9, 2016
Hello and thank you for allowing me to join. Being new to this forum as well as farming chickens I am a little clueless as to where to find comments to my post. So I hope this is OK. I received 4 unsexed RIR over the weekend. All but one has brick red colored beaks. One is pale. Also one has noticeable tail feathers when the others don't. They are two weeks. Wondering if anyone could take a gander an tell me your opinion. If I can't find this thread again you may have to private message me your thoughts as I may not find my way back to this post. Thank you all

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! What cute chicks you have there! I'm afraid I can't be of help as I've not kept RIR myself. I see you have posted in he what breed gender section, I'm sure members will be able help you there.

Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

It looks like it's beak is starting to get darker at the tip. Also roosters are usually slower at feathering in, and tail feathers. Don't rule it out - at this early age.

Is there anyway of posting a particular area of my babies to give a better idea. I started this loving chickens thing back in March an jumped in feet first. I got a beautiful Roo (I can carry him around and he's kind an loving to me, we've earned one another trust) he was given to me and few days later got him some lady friends and one more roo (I'm not fond of him). I love, Love, Love my birds. I have fibro and battle depression and anxiety and they bring me joy. Here is my most favorite Roo. He's the red boy. His name is Roo lol yes I name them all. I love learning more and more about chickens.

Is there anyway of posting a particular area of my babies to give a better idea. I started this loving chickens thing back in March an jumped in feet first. I got a beautiful Roo (I can carry him around and he's kind an loving to me, we've earned one another trust) he was given to me and few days later got him some lady friends and one more roo (I'm not fond of him). I love, Love, Love my birds. I have fibro and battle depression and anxiety and they bring me joy. Here is my most favorite Roo. He's the red boy. His name is Roo lol yes I name them all. I love learning more and more about chickens.

Back
Top Bottom