Newish and addicted

All the chickens are well but the last storm collapsed my roof on my run so we had to rebuild in a day so the chickens could come out again... oddly enough it looks better
1f604.png
1f425.png

Last edited:
Beautiful birds. Actually the roosts need another do over. with 2 x 4's the 4" side should be UP. Chickens don't grasp like wild birds, they prefer to have their feet flat on the roost. They lay their heads down on their feet - also keeps feet warmer in winter.

Beautiful birds.     Actually the roosts need another do over.  with 2 x 4's   the  4" side should be UP.  Chickens don't grasp  like wild birds, they prefer to have their feet flat on the roost. They lay their heads down on their feet - also keeps feet warmer in winter.
thanks they're quite special. They're flat inside my coop for sleeping I could only properly secure them with them up right or they wouldn't be able to support the weight long term outside in the weather... the chickens do just fine and enjoy the roost I wouldn't underestimate chickens I have some that perch on thin branches in trees.

Back
Top Bottom