Newish but just to the site

missgoosemama

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 12, 2015
North East Oregon
So, this is my first post, but I have had chickens all my life. Well, most my life it seems. I am living in a little town now instead of a farm. I'm going to try to do chickens again this year since my neighbor last year sprayed a toxin in my chickens water after my evening refill and coop check... But this year, I'm going to try again and hope for better results!

welcome-byc.gif

I'd keep a eye or camera on that neighbor.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

That is awful!! I would keep a good guard dog on hand at all times....one that bites!!!

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Thank you! Super happy to be joining a great group of other chicken farmers and lovers! Can't wait to learn more things as well as hopefully share knowledge with others!
Thank you @matt44644!
Thank you @TwoCrows!
Sadly can't keep a dog like that since I have young neighbor boys that jump the fence to get toys when they fly over the fence and my dog is scared of his own shadow...

I have since told the lady that next I will call the cops if she trespasses again, since takes it upon her self to "help" me get rid of the pests in my yard. Without talking to me, just talking to the landlord's wife and not telling her everything...i have no idea how many times I would talk to my landlord's wife and she would tell me what the neighbor stated which none times out of ten were nothing but lies
.. My husband's pick up blocks the gate near her house and have a padlock on the other gate.

I currently don't have any but trying to find a color combo for my backyard since the husband says they aren't anything more then lawn ornaments that also give us breakfast lol, what kind of chickens do you have?

I currently don't have any but trying to find a color combo for my backyard since the husband says they aren't anything more then lawn ornaments that also give us breakfast lol, what kind of chickens do you have?

I have an exbattery,
a white leghorn for white eggs,
an Araucana for blue eggs
and a appenzeller that's ornamental and should lay cream eggs.
At spring I am getting a silver Sussex that will that a tan egg, a cream legbar that can be sexed at birth for bluey green eggs and a welsummer for dark reddy brown eggs that can be sexed at birth.
I have had polish and Blackrock in the past and both are truly beautiful and sweet birds aswell, unfortunately the fox got them :(

Last edited:
Welcome to Backyard chickens. Sorry you have such a bad neighbor. Someone of authority should tell her to "Tend her OWN garden!"

Back
Top Bottom