Newish Member - Hi I'm Neil

noprocess2527

In the Brooder
Jan 31, 2024
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I have some chickens that have been given to me. I don't know much about raising eggs or doing care for them as I am still very new to this.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
3 of them! They're pretty neat and I like the way the walk around.

(3) What breeds do you have?
They look like Bantams from a quick Google search. I am still very new to this so unsure exactly what to do.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Watching the chickens live their best life in an oasis with no worries. Although they seem angry sometimes.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I like to read, play Stardew Valley, and work on small repairs around the house. I'm a millennial but an older sort.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have 2 dogs and a cat! They make my day better and I work as a programmer. It's very boring 9-5 work that I do from home so it's nice to have my animals and hobbies. I live on 5 acres in the south so things are quiet here.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found BYC while looking for advice on how to clean an incubator between hatches. My new-to-me incubator is a little dirty. There is a lot of good advice on here and that's what made me sign up. Thank you guys for giving so much great advice.

I don't know how the tags below work so if I've made a mistake please just let me know!

Welcome to BYC! You've come to the right place.

Bantam is a size, not a breed. If you post pictures, we can help you ID them if you're interested. Let us know if you have any questions!
I am sorry. You are absolutely right. I have what appears to be 2 Rhode island Reds and a white one of unknown breed. I don't have the chickens here yet but a family member is bringing them by next week.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

You might want to stop by our Learning Center for all kinds of great articles on all the aspects of keeping chickens... https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

Browse around the forums too and if you have any questions about anything, be sure to ask.

Welcome to our community!

Back
Top Bottom