Newly hatched duck with bump on head!!

I am so sorry. If at all possible try and find a duckling same age so the little one that is left willl have a buddy. And until you decide a safe mirror can help keep the little one happy and a stuffed animal to cuddle with No strings to chew off. .

Thank you for all the help… we’ve got him 2 friends as tractor supply has a minimum of 2 ducklings… he was a little weirded out but they seem to have adjusted to each other. I didn’t think about the mirror or stuffy but good to know for future reference.

Was the skull intact?
Yes the skull seemed intact looked more like an abrasion from hatching but I’m no expert… she looked like she was doing better early today but around 11am she started to look really weak lasted about 1/2 hour and died in my hands.

Yes the skull seemed intact looked more like an abrasion from hatching but I’m no expert… she looked like she was doing better early today but around 11am she started to look really weak lasted about 1/2 hour and died in my hands.
So sorry for your loss of your little one. I am glad that you were able to find other ducklings for the surviving one. Our TSC just started letting us buy only 3, they were making us get 6. Our Rural King will sell us 2 though. That's why I have bought mine from them before. Good luck with your little ones.

Back
Top Bottom