Newly Hatched Egg on BYC. Pics & the whole nine yards :)

zom23gangte

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 10, 2014
Nagaland, North-East India
Hello Fellow BYC members,

I've always wanted to join BYC from the time I first visited the page. Although I didn't have an account back then, I would read all about different types of poultry which helped me in understanding my birds better..It feels so good to finally be able to start my first thread (ever!) as a new member. Yeah, I know, it's weird right? I've never understood the way these forum works and I'm still getting my head around how it works
he.gif
It was already an adventure even before I joined BYC as the Captcha in the registration page kept getting refreshed even after I entered the correct numbers or words time and time again. I then tried seriously to get registered from around four or five months ago and would try my luck a dozen times a day but never succeeded. Finally, I got an idea
wee.gif
, I visited the BYC page on facebook and left a comment about my problems. The good folks at BYC support staff helped me all along the way and here I am, reciting you my story.
woot.gif

So, to introduce myself, I would like to answer the New Member Query that was prepared by a very thoughtful gentlemen, which I hope would tell you all something about me.
fl.gif

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
A: I'm not exactly new to chicken as we've had chickens around since I could remember, but not in large numbers as we do now ( I consider flocks above 30 birds as large
th.gif
).

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
A: Counting all the birds irrespective of their sizes, 43 birds in total. 19 Turkeys (7 Toms, 12 Hens), 5 muscovies, 5 guinea fowls, 1 mother hen followed closely by her 10 little chicks, 2 cockerels and an alpha Cock.

(3) What breeds do you have?
A: The turkeys are BBBronze, BBBlack and BBwhite (I'm not sure
hit.gif
)
These:

The guinea fowls : three of them have purple feathers and two of them light ash.
caf.gif
All chickens breed Unknown but the mother looks like black Amerecauna but has pure black feather which looks metallic when light reflects off of it. Is there such an Amerecauna? well, I managed to capture the Alpha cock with the suspected black amerecauna and golden? So much for my power of breed recognition
barnie.gif

By the way, on this side of the world, we usually have more mixed breeds than purebreds. The only purebred aplenty here is the red junge fowl (Original Godfather of Modern Chickens). People usually raise broiler/kuroiler (which i think must be layer)/coiler which are produced by companies. However, In the villages, jugle fowls and mixed local chickens are raised.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
A: Everytime I searched the internet on anything related to poultry, BYC was always there in the search results. After sometime I began to familiarize myself with the site and would visit often.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
A: Apart from taking care of the birds, I love the Idea of carpentry and am trying to teach myself how to make useful things out of wood. I love watching movies alone. I love singing in the shower with funny voices. I love Photography and Basketball. Don't have a clue why I paired those two together
idunno.gif

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
A: Very good parents meant we had to limit our freedom ourselves. 2 brothers and 2 sisters. I'm the youngest of the lot. The proverbial son plus the black sheep that everyone's talking about. ( Most probably these two were good friends
lau.gif
)

Well then Folks, that's some serious amount of thoughts I put out there
rant.gif
, I feel like I would go on forever if I don't stop here. Thanks to everyone who is reading this thread, really appreciate you taking your time out to read a newbie's thread. Looking forward to knowing all of you.
yesss.gif

Love Zom23Gangte

images

Welcome to BYC!

Very nice flock you have! Seems like many of us have joined BYC because google always leads us here.
tongue.png

Great to have you aboard and enjoy all your poultry adventures!!

images

Welcome to BYC!

Very nice flock you have! Seems like many of us have joined BYC because google always leads us here.
tongue.png

Great to have you aboard and enjoy all your poultry adventures!!

Thank you so much guys, I'm very excited to be here. I've always wanted to try out these crazy emoticons too.
droolin.gif
celebrate.gif
By the way, does anyone know the breed of my chickens in the pics given above?
fl.gif

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Glad you were able to get registered. Nice collection of birds you have!

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome To BYC! Glad you were able to get registered. Nice collection of birds you have!

Really? my collection? Thank you Kelsie. I know that my birds might look adorable, but they're tough as nails. The alpha cock sleeps on the branch at night and he even roosted through a heavy drizzle one night, The next morning he was crowing about and strutting his stuff as if nothing happened. Mind you, there is hardly any cover to call leaves on a gulmohar tree. The leaves are tiny and spread out in a fern like branch. His poop is also building up on the branch. I'm guesssing it's about 4cm in height now
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom