Newly obsessed chicken lady

cmistretta1

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2019
Hi everyone,
Yep, I caught the chicken bug...We decided to turn this old little potting shed into a chicken coop, with an additional chicken run attached. It turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself! We bought 4 little chicks (all girls, I hope) (because sadly, we cannot have roosters where we live) A RIR, Buff Orpington, Barred Rock, and a golden laced wyandotte. Cutest little chicks ever! Two weeks pass, and we got 4 more...a black copper marin, a blue australorp, and two Americaunas....now I think these are actually the cutest little chicks ever! I'm not sure they are true breeds...I hear stories of people passing a chicken off as one breed when it's really another...but, Im hoping they are all gonna be what we're hoping for. We eat a lot of eggs...this is why we decided to get chickens. I would love to have a beautiful rooster, but, our neighbors would NOT be happy with us...Maybe one day, we'll have a real farm so I can get that rooster! I've learned so much by reading posts on this site already...looking forward to hearing other people's stories too...
57642877809__6CC2F317-943A-4E2B-AB87-6FAEF92BE721.JPG

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_94e8.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_94e8.jpeg
    305.1 KB · Views: 8
  • fullsizeoutput_94e5.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_94e5.jpeg
    462.4 KB · Views: 8
  • fullsizeoutput_94e3.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_94e3.jpeg
    383.1 KB · Views: 8
Hello, welcome to Backyard Chickens! :woot Congratulations for becoming part of the flock!
Good luck with your chick raising! Feed stores like tsc are usually the ones that mislabel their breeds but hopefully they got all of yours correct. ;)
If you are ever suspicious that your breeds aren't what you expected then you can ask anytime in the "Breed and Gender" forum.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/what-breed-or-gender-is-this.15/

Hi everyone,
Yep, I caught the chicken bug...We decided to turn this old little potting shed into a chicken coop, with an additional chicken run attached. It turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself! We bought 4 little chicks (all girls, I hope) (because sadly, we cannot have roosters where we live) A RIR, Buff Orpington, Barred Rock, and a golden laced wyandotte. Cutest little chicks ever! Two weeks pass, and we got 4 more...a black copper marin, a blue australorp, and two Americaunas....now I think these are actually the cutest little chicks ever! I'm not sure they are true breeds...I hear stories of people passing a chicken off as one breed when it's really another...but, Im hoping they are all gonna be what we're hoping for. We eat a lot of eggs...this is why we decided to get chickens. I would love to have a beautiful rooster, but, our neighbors would NOT be happy with us...Maybe one day, we'll have a real farm so I can get that rooster! I've learned so much by reading posts on this site already...looking forward to hearing other people's stories too...View attachment 1733495
Welcome to BYC! Glad you could join the Flock! Let me know if you need anything!:love:wee:welcome:goodpost::highfive::yesss::woot:celebrate those are cuties! The Ameraucanas are actually EEs, but the rest look true to what they were sold for!

Back
Top Bottom