Newnan Georgia show Feb 16-17

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it in a big way. I have so much to learn and of course I hope to get my girls. I missed the Jackson show due to the flu so this is my first. So excited I'm starting to build the coop I decided on today.

I'm planning on going to the Newnan show. New and just beginning my backyard flock. I'm hoping I've picked the right breeds to start with. I'm also hoping they have those chicks available at the show. The poultry source I have found so far that will let me order only females only 6 / 2 each breed can't deliver until mid June if the stars all line up. If any one has details the breeds I'm looking for are: white silkies (just sooooo cute and fluffy...hey I'm a girl :) ), buff ameraucanas & buff brahma Bantams (female chicks only). If anyone out there with more experience has a more knowledge than this newbie on my starting mix that would be great.
There are alot of good silkie breeders out there. I got mine from Bobbi Porto and she will be at the show. her email is [email protected]

Oh I wish I could go to the show
love.gif
but that is the weekend my company has planned on coming.
hu.gif
There is always next year.
celebrate.gif

We will be coming to the Newnan Show and will be looking to buy some buff brahma bantams, light brahma bantams and dark brahma bantams. If anyone is coming with some of these to sell, please pm me.

Are all the silkies gone??? If I can sell a few more hatching eggs, looking for lavendars if any will be there. Also cream legbar pullets? Although we are slowly hatching out babies
smile.png
And does anyone know if anyone is coming that has sebbie geese. I have 3 geese but am convinced at this point they are all three girls, so I believe I need a boy! I'll post their pics later and maybe another goose expert can tell me what they think. They seem to be hanging low to the ground as I call it like our white chinese geese do when they are girls! Well crossing fingers and praying to stay healthy and be there this year!

I can't decide whether to bring anything to sell or not. I'll bring some November and December hatch belgian bearded d'uccle chicks if anyone is interested. I have black mottle and a few mille fleur.
I really really need a mottled gal!! I have only a lone roo in mottled =(

Okay no turning back now lol. I started my coop today. It's about half way done (would have gone faster if I were a wee bit more skilled at building buildings and if I had another pair of hands). Can't wait for the show to meet folks with more knowledge and hopefully to get my girls.

Question: Marek'd Disease Shots. I think I saw that My Pet Chicken gives this to all chicks if you opt for it when they ship to you. How does that go for chicks at the show?

Back
Top Bottom