Nipple Waterer

kmiller11

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 18, 2014
SE Pennsylvania
I have been seeing a lot of the Nipple Waterers around and i am wondering if anyone has a way to hook that up to a hose so its always got fresh water.

X2
even a slight head pressure can overwhelm the nipples
be sure to check the recommended pressure and stay under that or you'll be sorry.

How do you filter it?

I thought of doing rainwater but all coops are under big trees that constantly drop debris on the roofs which ends up in the gutter and would foul a tanked water source.

The mesh on top that keeps out mosquitos also keeps out debris. When oak pollen fires off in Feb. Here in Florida I may have to keep an eye on the bottom of the barrel. Oak pollen gets into everything it seems. I may also start adding apple cider vinegar. Supposedly good for chicken immune systems and will keep barrel free of bacteria. Once summer rains start the barrel will likely overflow regularly and water will get turned over more often.

I have been seeing a lot of the Nipple Waterers around and i am wondering if anyone has a way to hook that up to a hose so its always got fresh water.

I use a 5 gallon bucket with the nipples plumbed to it. The water level is maintained using a Kerick Valve M052 PVC Mini Float Valve, Tank Mount, Fixed Arm, 1.5 gpm at 60 psi, 1/2" NPT Male. It mounts through the side of the bucket and a hose or water pipe can be attached to it. That makes the nipples gravity feed.

That is a nice waterer.

Back
Top Bottom