Nite Guard HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's Your Most Popular Predator?

• Skunk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Racoon

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Birds of Prey

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Dogs and Cats

• Rats

• Wild Boar

• Wolves

• Coyotes

• Bears

• Cougars

• Total voters
Hi im being attacked by some kind of predator. It took my white cochin hen lilly and then it attacked my birchen silkie Sage both were dragged away and eaten. Finally, i had to move my month old baby chicks outside. I crossbred i hatched myself and 3 broilers chicks from bomgars. im sick and tired of it
he.gif

its not cool...
So im buying some trail cames and im wodering if any of you have had any expeirience with murray mcmurrry's Nite Guard? is it any good? worth the price?
Please help me.

Hi im being attacked by some kind of predator. It took my white cochin hen lilly and then it attacked my birchen silkie Sage both were dragged away and eaten. Finally, i had to move my month old baby chicks outside. I crossbred i hatched myself and 3 broilers chicks from bomgars. im sick and tired of it
he.gif

its not cool...
So im buying some trail cames and im wodering if any of you have had any expeirience with murray mcmurrry's Nite Guard? is it any good? worth the price?
Please help me.
I lost over 40 birds to coons this summer! So I can sympathize. I tried some of the "repellents" on the market, but that did nothing at all. Waste of money in my personal experience. I resorted to researching Fame, Fish & Wildlife documentation on how to deal with coons. They stated that trapping would only remove your current coon -- who is territorial - and replace it with a new coon that would take up the abandoned territory. They said to "educate" the coon as to why your coops and pens are NOT worth their time.

They recommended you put things in their path to make their tender front paws get sore. So I went to extremes! I cut down thistle & thorny bushes and weeds & carpet-ed the clear paths they were using to get to my yard! I even carpet-ed my entrances to my coop door & the parameter of the coops with these long stalks of thorny weeds. Everything from 4ft stalks of stinging nettle to thistle weeds!

I also started herding in my chickens & ducks to secure coops EVERY night! Counting to make sure every last one was accounted for & locking them in!

I also created a "glass mote" around the base of each coop, where ever the coons had dug the night before. I would take shards of glass & fill the hole partly with the glass & in part with the dirt! That way the next time they dug in that space, they got sharp glass nipping at their sensitive paws!

I also drove 3 ft long reclaimed rods of re-bar into the ground at the edge of my coop, where ever they dug. So that even if they managed to dig below the foundation they had to dig even further to get below the vertical bars of re-bar that were spaced less than three inches a part. This made it so they would dig all night, using lots of energy but getting NO results when it came to food!

After a two week stint of this, they quit coming by! Mind you I had the added problem of having a neighbor FEEDING them intentionally so she could "see them from her window".

But now they have decided my yard isn't worth their time, so they go elsewhere for their morsels.

I'm starting to think to old rancher technique of using OLD smelly boots on the fence post would be more effective than Night Guard! I'm sure every family has a few old tennis that smell to high heaven that they could use as repellents & make the predators & deer think the smelly human is nearby!

My wife and I were just looking at the Nite Guard solar add in Backyard Poultry magazine. My first impression was that if it did work, the predators would get used to it over time. Of course I could be wrong, but I believe that most predators and deer are smarter than we give them credit for. Maybe we could get Nite Guard on the reviews forum.
Hats off to SouthDakotan for winning the coon war.

Back
Top Bottom