Nj, anyone with hens for rehoming?

MetroMutt

Songster
Mar 9, 2021
NJ
Hello! I'm Elyn and I'm in NJ up by Philly, I frequent south jersey though as I volunteer at a farm animal rescue! I had a flock of 4 outdoor hens and due to old age/cancer 2 passed away and it's looking like we are going to lose the 3rd soon; I want to find companions for my hen Esther for when her sister passes away! Esther is spunky, confident, but kind and would get along with any personality!

We aren't allowed to have roosters in our town(and we already have a special needs one indoors who does not get along with other roos) so I'm looking for just hens hopefully!

I am VERY open to special needs chickens also as they hold a special place in my heart!

If I was able I would adopt some from the farm I volunteer at but there are no hens that aren't paired with roosters atm unfortunately and I wouldn't want to separate them.

Laying/egg color does not matter I prefer to avoid layer breeds though as they die so young :( I will take some though if there are any in need of a new home it just breaks my heart when I lose them so early though!

We have a large coop with a 20ft run and we frequently let the chickens roam the yard with supervision(we don't let them by themselves as we have hawks in the area) they get 24/7 access to food, water, calcium and when they are ill we take them to the vet when it's something we can't treat ourselves!

We also have a smaller secondary coop/run to quarantine new birds, help them get used to each other, and protect/house them if they don't get along with the others!

I don't mind if there's a small removing fee either but I'd prefer to adopt some girls who are in need of a new home! Thank you!!!

Hi Elyn, We may have some for you. Located in Howell nj, 195 east off exit 28b. Not sure if you would be willing to make that trip. We have 2 "special needs" chickens that we are definately looking to rehome that hatched 2-20-24 so not sure if they are male or female. How many are you looking for? Also have some other hens that range 3-5 years old.

Hi Elyn, We may have some for you. Located in Howell nj, 195 east off exit 28b. Not sure if you would be willing to make that trip. We have 2 "special needs" chickens that we are definately looking to rehome that hatched 2-20-24 so not sure if they are male or female. How many are you looking for? Also have some other hens that range 3-5 years old.
Hello! I am currently looking for 2-4! And by special needs what do you mean?(like what is their specific special needs! <3 )

the hen we thought was going to pass from old age Wound up recovering but I don't mind taking in the babies! Even if they end up as roos

Still looking! It seems we are losing our girl again and I don't want our last girl to be alone

Back
Top Bottom